Let me hit ya with the latest headlines, since I haven't written a proper posting in a while...
*Top headline has got to go to my brother Ryan and his wife Kelly having their third child last week... welcome to the family Piper Virginia!! I'm so happy for them!!
*Next headline: Parker turns four! His birthday was fabulous - start to finish. I made him his choice of breakfast, which was blueberry pancakes and sausages. Then, he and Brandon both had school, so once Chad and I got them on the bus/dropped off, we went to pick up a bunch of balloons for the party, and then spent the rest of the morning wrapping presents, making cupcakes, bringing up the deck furniture from the garage, decorating the deck, etc. We had another beautiful day, which has actually been the norm this month. The party was so fun! Everyone came over around 12:30pm and had pizza and played in the bouncy house that my friend Sheri-Lynne lent to us. It was really low-key, and good chance for me to chat with many of my friends. After everyone left around 3pm, Parker opened presents, and we cleaned up. Andt then it was time to start dinner - again Parker's pick - black bean and chicken quesadillas. We also took him out for Indian food Saturday night (his choice again), so I definitely think that Parker got the star treatment for his birthday!!
*The weather... it has been absolutely gorgeous this month! Unseasonably warm, even getting up to 96 degrees one day! We have been really enjoying it. It's so nice to be able to play out in the backyard after school every day or to be able to call up friends spontaneously to meet at a park. I love spring! And summer! And fall! Did I leave anything out?
*First race of the season this weekend. It's a duathlon, which gives me about another 2 weeks before I start swimming outdoors. Brrrr. Anyway, this is just a nice little sprint... 3 mile run / 12 mile bike / 2 mile run. The only downside is the predicted snow for Sunday morning. That's right, snow. It's not supposed to stick very much on the roads, but I can't think that it will make for particularly safe or speedy conditions. Oh well. At least I don't have to swim. I have to say, though, that I have no idea what to wear! I always race in tri shorts, or for a duathlon, cycling shorts, and a swimsuit top... this weekend, it sounds like I'll need to be in long pants, socks, long sleeves, a shell, and cycling gloves. Strange.
*The boys are on spring break this week... no big plans, just stuff like going to the zoo, into the city to take Chad out to lunch, to the park, etc. Should be nice to not have to rush around in the mornings though.
I guess that's the big headlines for now!!
Friday, April 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment