Well, as predicted in my last post, we got around 5 inches more rain this week and broke all the records for March rainfall! All the same streets and dams are flooded over again, making it a challenge to get around town. But, our basement stayed high & dry this time, so just a mild inconvenience for us. Our garage did flood a bit, but not nearly as high as last time. Still, I see so many hoses snaking out of basements in our neighborhood! I feel so bad for all the folks who have lost so much to flooding. Even parts of I-95 had to be closed because of high water, and that folks, is something I've never heard of before.
Anyway, the rain is over and the good weather is back!! It's sunny and in the 70's right now, and we are going to be in the 80's this weekend - whohoo! The Easter Bunny just loves this kind of weather. I'm so excited to spend time outdoors over the next few days. I went out on my bike this morning, and I was just so happy to be outdoors again that I felt like the 25 miles flew by. It was interesting to see all the water damage while I was riding around... like, "wait, they didn't used to have a pond in their front yard!" I passed a lake, too, that had waves gently lapping across half the road. Needless to say, I got pretty soaked from all the spray coming up off the streets. Still fun though.
The kids are looking forward to Easter, although it clearly doesn't have the excitement of Christmas or a birthday. I may be more excited than they are, actually, as I love dying the eggs and hiding them for the kids. Plus, all that chocolate is not too bad either. And then pretty quickly after Easter, we have Parker's birthday. He's already picked out the cupcakes he wants and has mentioned a few things he might like, so I think he's going to have a great day. I'll make sure of it, in fact.
The boys don't have school tomorrow, and we have a great day planned. A nice leisurely morning where I don't have to rush to get breakfast made, then meeting friends at the park to play and have a picnic. Probably a pretty good bet that we'll meet Chad's train in the afternoon because it's a good excuse to get out for a little walk before dinner. It's funny to think about how I used to have to allow 15 or 20 minutes for Parker to walk to the station, and now we can make it in 5. They just grow up so fast, sniff, sniff.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment