Just a quick post for Halloween... should have the professional (Chad's camera) pics from the big night up tomorrow. We took the boys to the zoo this morning - so fun! It was in the 70's and really comfortable out, so the animals were super active. Some may say that we go to the zoo with some frequency, but we still saw some new things today that we never have before. For example, the sloth is usually curled up in a ball in a barrel in a tree and all you see is a lump of fur. Today, that sucker was out and moving, albeit incredibly slowly, and we really got a good look at it. One other great thing is that one of the docents was dressed up as a tiger, with this tiget mask on. She went over to the Gibbons cage, and the baby totally thought she was some sort of freakish predator! That Gibbon was going crazy - all over the glass wall, doing somersaults on the ground, playing some sort of peekaboo with the docent. It was hilarious; I could have watched for hours.
We came back home for lunch and then while the boys did quiet time, Chad and I took turns exercising. He ran 4 miles (I think his longest ever?), and I did 31 miles on my bike. So great to be out there in shorts and sleeveless shirt again on my bike. I was amazed at how much faster I went, too. Apparently, wearing 20 layers of clothing and not being able to see the road in front of you because it's so dark out is not conducive to high-speed training rides. Anyway, I really enjoyed it, although I have trouble imagining throwing another 27 miles into that, plus a 1.2 mile swim, plus a half-marathon. But, I know I can do it!
It's Chad's turn to take the boys trick-or-treating, so he's out with the boys right now. I'm giving out the candy, which is also fun, although I keep getting interrupted while I type! But, nice to see all the neighborhood kids in their costumes. Except for the pre-teen boys in their scary masks... I prefer the many tinkerbells and animals.
No comments:
Post a Comment