Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What are these people thinking?

Man oh man does the aftermath of a snowstorm bring out the crazy drivers around here!! I was driving behind someone this morning who opted not to remove the snow from his car before driving. The entire rear end of his car was completely covered with snow - I couldn't see his rear window, or his brake lights, or his turn signals! And this was the fluffiest snow ever - he could have just brushed it off with his hand! Too lazy or too stupid, you think?

A couple mornings ago I was behind a pick-up truck going 20 mph in a 35 zone... at 5:30am when there is absolutely no traffic yet. At least until this guy got on the road and then there was quickly a line of cars behind him. It was icey that morning, but if you are so scared of driving on ice that you cause a traffic jam... well, maybe you should stay off the roads. And aren't pick-up trucks kind of made for bad weather conditions? 

Or how about the guy I was behind earlier this week who was brushing his hair while driving? Occasionally, he had to pat his hair in place with one hand while brushing with the other... leaving... wait! no hands on the wheel! Maybe he was driving with his knees. Besides, we know how important a good hair day is to one's self-esteem. 

Another morning I was driving home from the gym and going around 40 in a 30mph zone. Apparently not fast enough for the crazy tailgater behind me, who proceeded to pass me. On a two-lane road with a double yellow line down the middle. On the left side into oncoming traffic. Umm, okay. Guess she was in a hurry?

And don't even get me started on all the crazy drivers out there on their cell phones. If I see someone driving erratically when I'm on my bike or driving, I'd put the odds at 90% that they are on the phone. Either drive or talk on the phone, but don't do both!

So, that's my post for the day. Crazy drivers... watch out for them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I merged onto the freeway yesterday in rush hour traffic, I was cut off by a guy changing lanes and reading a book at the same time. Even better, it was pretty much dusk, so he had the light on inside his car so he could read. Well played.

Beth said...

A tip of the hat to that fine gentlemen for his multi-tasking skills. I also enjoy when I see people texting with my hands while driving.

Beth said...

errr... texting with both hands, is what I meant to say