Tuesday, the boys and I went to Sheri-Lynne's to play. There were 6 families there, and I was amazed at how great all the kids were! The moms and I just sat around in the family room, chatting, while the kids all played in various other rooms. There weren't any fights or any meltdowns - really, it was playgroup nirvana. I think we just hit the lottery in that all the kids must have been feeling well rested and happy that day to all get along so well! We also got to share cupcakes with Sheri-Lynne's youngest to celebrate his first birthday, so that was a big hit as well.
Yesterday, the boys and I met up with Trish and her girls at a mall in Trish's town. We rarely go there, so the boys think it is the coolest place ever. I'm sure if we went all the time, they'd still like it but wouldn't go so crazy for it like they do now. Anyway, Trish's older daughter was there, which was a treat because usually she is in school when we meet up. She and Brandon had a blast playing tigers in the mall play area. The game seemed to consist of Jade chasing Brandon and then tackling him to the ground whenever she caught him, which Brandon loved! It was nice to see a girl rough-housing with the boys and even leading the way! I was quite impressed with how tough she was. I've always thought that I'd go crazy if I had a little girl who didn't have a tomboy streak to her. Anyway, we wrapped the morning at the mall up with going out for pizza, where Brandon ate 4 slices of pizza!!! Parker had two. I had two. Brandon had four. I will never be able to feed these kids as teenagers.
The other cool thing about yesterday was that Chad worked from home. So, I got to sleep in (till 6:40am at least) and then go to the pool in the afternoon while the boy's had quiet time. That is a pretty sweet schedule, even if I was burping up pizza during my swim.
This morning I awoke to snow covering our grass again. Ugh. It just finally melted. Anyway, it started pouring while I was at the gym, so all the snow is gone now. Fingers crossed that we won't get any more big snowstorms this year, but I know that may be too much to ask. The boys and I had a nice low-key morning and went to Ellen's house to play with her girls. We've gotten to see so many friends this week with the school vacation!
In other news, I booked my Dad's flights to come visit for Parker's birthday. Can't believe my little guy is almost three!! Seriously, how is it possible that my baby is three?
No comments:
Post a Comment