We had a good week... Thursday, my friends Sheri-Lynne and Ellen and their kids came over to play. Chad had our car for most of the day, so luckily, we were able to get some friends over to help make the morning fun. When Chad got back, we decided to go to a local mall and let the kids run around for a while, since they had been sort of cooped up for a few days with all the snow. And run they did, back and forth and all over the mall. Brandon really got his "exercise". Parker also got to pick out new undies, as the poor, sad hand-me-downs he was wearing were losing their elastic. Little guy at least deserves some undies that aren't used! Anyway, I went to throw out all the old ones, and I just didn't have the heart to throw out this one pair of Elmo ones that were always my favorites. I remember so fondly both boys running around in them and how proud they were to not be wearing diapers anymore. I'm not sure if it's weird to keep a pair of kids undies, but I just can't part with them yet.
Friday, Parker had his gym class while Brandon was in school, so that was fun. I'm trying to decide if I should re-enroll Parker in the next session of the class. I'm torn because Parker really enjoys it, but I'm personally grossed out by how dirty it is there. Whenever they do stuff on the floor, his pants are literally a different color when he gets up. And there are all kinds of dust bunnies in the corners. Kind of yucky. Plus, I'm thinking that since we do pretty much the same thing every week, he might be bored after another session. Still thinking that one over and waiting to see if our friends in the class re-enroll, which might sway me.
Yesterday, we went to IKEA to look at entertainment centers for the new TV we hope to purchase sometime in the not-so-distant future. As much fun as it is to have the TV turn itself off in the middle of a show, or to have the picture turn red and green every couple minutes, well, we may just have to say goodbye to that sucker. We'll see - we've been living with it for a few months now. Anyhoo, the kids love IKEA - just one more place to let them run around when it's icey and cold outside.
Oh, I forgot to mention that when in Parker's gym class on Friday, I caught sight of myself in a full length mirror and noticed that my jeans were totally high waters. Was anyone going to tell me?? I don't have a full-length mirror, people, I need a hand! Really, I think Chad let the ball drop on this one. Anyway, I decided to go to Old Navy by myself yesterday afternoon and look for jeans. First, why are there so many darn different cuts of jeans out there? I knew I wanted the "diva" jeans - awful name, I know, but then I kept inadvertantly grabbing the wrong cut - flare ankles, or skinny ankles or whatever. I seriously took like 3 trips to the dressing room before I finally grabbed the kind I wanted. On the plus side, they were having a huge sale on all their winter stuff... I got two totally cute sweaters - one for $5 and one for $6! I was very pleased with myself. Oh and I also got a long-sleeved shirt for $2.50! So, note to self that when I need winter stuff, the time to buy it is late January. It was wild seeing that most of their store is already decked out with spring/summer clothing at the same time that it was 26 degrees outside.
Speaking of weather, it is still very icey around here. Forecasters were predicted a big rain on Tuesday, and I was psyched to think about it washing away alot of the snow and ice... but now they changed the prediction for Tuesday to snow. Yippee, just what we need around here is more snow. Well, apparently, we gotta get our weekly storm in.
3 comments:
Wait...didn't you guys buy a new TV when you were in the condo?
Also, I here ya on the full length mirror thing...to get a full view of myself I have to stand on the toilet in the bathroom.
Oops...I meant "hear".
We bought a new TV just 5 short years ago, at which point, I had Chad sign a document agreeing to not purchase a new TV for at least 15 years. Unfortunately, the one we got seems to be a lemon... we had a repairman out to look at it, and he gave us a $550 estimate to fix it! He said we were better off just buying a new one for that amount. Stinks. For now we are just putting up with it. When the color goes really bad, Chad bangs on the side of it, which sometimes helps.
Post a Comment