Monday, June 9, 2008

Lockdown Mode

As we enter Day 3 of the heat wave, I have officially put our house in lockdown mode. Every blind and curtain is closed, every window is sealed. There will be no entry or exit. Unless you are really quick about closing the door behind you. I took the boys to the park this morning, and we managed about an hour before it was just too darn hot to be outside. When we left, at around 10:45am, it was already 100 degrees outside and humid. It's supposed to be even hotter tomorrow!! It's madness, I tell you. On the plus side, the boys and I did go outside and sit in the shade after lunch and eat popsicles. There is something so fun about eating popsicles on a hot day. The boys were so covered in popsicle juice by the time they finished, that I just grabbed the garden hose and soaked them down. Hey, their clothes were filthy from the park anyway.

Boy, I tell ya, I had forgotten how the heat and humidity exhausts me though! The boys must be feeling the same way, as they are both napping again. We are on an amazing nap streak right now...

No comments: