Setting a new record, we have both boys in bed as of 6pm tonight. This is not because we are ready for them to go to bed so much as that they are begging us to go to bed! We decided to skip the nap / quiet time period today and take the train into the city... lots of fun, but definitely exhausting for the boys. Brandon has had this nasty cough for weeks now, and it tends to wake him up multiple times a night and at 5:30am this morning, he was up for the day. Apparently a side-effect of getting up at 5:30am and running around non-stop all day is that you are asking to put on pj's and go to bed while it is still broad daylight. Hey, I'm okay with it because now I've got such a nice chunk of time to myself tonight!
We were also very busy yesterday - went out to breakfast while the car was being inspected, got haircuts, went to the park, and then went to a barbeque in the afternoon. The weekend has flown by. Luckily, we'll get to see lots of Chad this week, as he working from home a couple of days. One afternoon I have an appointment that I don't want to sit through with children in tow and then the day after that is Brandon's graduation from his first year of preschool. Not sure what the graduation ceremony entails beyond that Brandon has been practicing three songs that he will apparently be singing. I don't think any caps and gowns are involved. So, Chad will be around for those things, although he is sort of a ghost even when he's working from home. By 8am, he's hidden away in his office, and we might see him a couple minutes around lunch and then not again until dinnertime. Still, I like having his presence in the house - knowing he's nearby is nice.
I'm going to start my weight-lifting now. It's so early that I'll probably be finished by 7:30pm! That is so exciting because then I can just sit on the couch and veg! It's high times around here.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment