Thursday, May 22, 2008

Random Thoughts on a Thursday


I now own these shoes. For me, this is high craziness, as I am usually quite conservative in my shoe choices. In fact, some would say that I own nothing but black leather shoes, and that as soon as one pair wears out, I buy the almost identical same pair again. But not now, my friends. Now, I own lime green and white shoes. Watch out world, here I come! Big thanks to my friend Paul for hooking me up with the huge discount on these beauties. By the way, I also got a pair of black leather shoes.

Why are kids such unbelievable food mooches? It doesn't matter what I'm eating or for that matter if the kids are eating the exact same thing as me, they always want bites of mine. Literally, I've had meals where Parker is on one side of me chanting, "another bite, another bite, another bite" and Brandon is on the other side of me chanting the same thing. I am convinced that they plan this ahead of time.

I am very proud of one thing when it comes to the kids and eating - the "salad bar". Every afternoon when it gets close to dinner, they start begging for a snack. Not just any snack; they ask for their "salad bar", which is just a bowl of different veggies - usually grape tomatoes, baby carrots and steamed broccoli. Somehow I conveyed to them that "salad bars" are really neat and a treat, and now they regard their big bowl of veggies the same. Brandon takes his straight, old school style, but Parker prefers a little dressing to dip in. He's a condiments man.

Parker is still not napping. I think this makes 5 days in a row. He will stay in his room playing for a couple hours though, so I still get my break to do important things like write this blog. Parker also saves a special something for his not-nap time - he likes to poop and then stand at the door calling, "Mommy, I need you!" until I come up and change him. It's like clock-work. Good times.

Chad got me an i-pod for Mother's Day... I am so super hip now! Thank goodness Chad makes sure that I stay somewhat attuned to the latest in technology. Give or take 5 years. I must say that I am amazed at how tiny it is. Anyway, I'm listening to it now at a very low volume so that I can still hear both boys making a ruckus in their rooms.

That's enough random thoughts for now. Tune in another day for more insightful insights.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I know what you mean about the kids wanting what you're eating. Half the time I end up eating my lunch at the counter so they'll leave me in peace.

Beth said...

I do that too sometimes! I stand behind the raised bar area so that they can't see my plate. Sadly, it's usually just a bagel or something - but lordy, those kids can scarf down a bagel in a hurry if given the chance.