Sunday, May 11, 2008

Awww, Yea

My sweet boys, waiting for the race to startNotice Chad's handy work on adding clipless pedals and road wheels

Happy to be finished!
Mother's Day with my big boy
Cover up the hair, and these two look exactly alike

Happy Mother's Day to my own Mom and the others I know and love! Mom - you are a daily inspiration to me, and I love you so much. I hope that when my kids are adults, they will enjoy my company as much as I enjoy yours.
Chad is spoiling me for Mother's Day weekend. He always surprises me with how thoughtful he is. Sure, I just devoted a whole posting to how fantastic he is, but its bears saying again, I lucked out when I met Chad. Parker doesn't really get the whole Mother's Day thing yet, but Brandon is all aboard. He's told me Happy Mother's Day dozens of times today... I think that he's mostly excited for the big dinner and dessert we are having.

I had my first race of the season today... a duathlon in a beautiful state park about 45 minutes away from here. We lucked out with a gorgeous day, too - low 60's and sunny by the time the race finished. I had a really fun race and finished second in my age group! I am very excited. The breakdown of race results hasn't been posted yet, so I'm looking forward to scrutinizing them. I did this same course last year, so it'll be fun to compare my times.

All the participants in the race had the choice of doing a duathlon and a triathlon. I was amazed at how many people did the triathlon! When the swim started, the water was in the mid-50's and the air temperature was in the upper 40's!! That is really, really cold, even with a wetsuit. And I even saw a few folks in short wetsuits. I think it's a safe rule of thumb for me to avoid open water swims in May, when it's still dropping into the 30's at night!

And finally, I am so proud of my little brother for defending his state criterium championship yesterday! He rocks. He's in his thirties with a family and a full-time job, and he's still winning state championships. Impressive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am only 30, not in my 30's!!
Happy Mother's Day Beth!
Who is IN her 30's

Beth said...

Am I crazy, or are you 3 weeks away from being IN YOUR 30's??!!! You old man, you