There is really nothing too exciting to tell around here; hence, the lack of updates. The days and weeks just seem to fly by when school is in session! I know that I suddenly have 7.5 hours to myself a week, but I just don't know where that time goes! It seems that no matter how much time I get to myself, I always crave more or feel like there's more I should be getting done. Still, we are definitely hitting our rhythm with this new school year thing, and I'm starting to feel comfortable and very happy with our routine. I got to be honest, when school first started up again, I felt like Parker was a little lost without Brandon and seemed to follow me around for much of the day. But, over the last few weeks, he's reclaimed the independant Parker that I enjoyed so much last year. Now, he's very content to play himself for bits of time if I need to do some cleaning or get off a couple of emails. In fact, he's behind me and illustrating his own book right now. And I definitely find that if he gives me a few minutes to do something I feel like I want/need to do, I'm much more willing to then set aside chunks of time to play trains with him or do puzzles or whatever he wants. So yea, Parker and I are getting along well and spending quite a bit of time together, just the two of us.
The weather is rainy again this week - just like last week in fact, when it was rainy all week and then lovely for the weekend. Parker and I met friends at an indoor playspace yesterday, which I usually don't resort to until mid-winter. It was really fun though, and we joined our friends for lunch out afterwards, so all in all a very nice day, despite the weather. All this rain is totally throwing off my usual training schedule, and I'll have to make up for it with some big outdoor workouts this weekend. But, in the meantime, I've gotten to sleep until 6am for several days this week - yahoo!
That's it from me... just a quick post to let any interested parties know that we are all happy and healthy over here... and apparently too busy for blogging. The horror!
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment