... it's kind of funny to hold this big graduation ceremony for preschool kids who are coming back the next year for more preschool! Parker had his "graduation" ceremony yesterday, and he was especially thrilled that his big brother was able to attend as well... Chad and I are chopped liver compared to having Brandon on the scene. I LOVE seeing the kids up on stage singing all their little songs about summertime, and I also love watching how all the kids react differently to having their names called to go get their "diplomas"... some kids are super shy and just stare at the ground and some are total hams - waving and smiling and jumping around. Parker fell somewhere in the middle, but all I know is that everytime he caught sight of Brandon in the audience, he got the biggest grin ever on his face. He just idolizes his big brother!
It's the start of summer vacation, and I'm still trying to get in the groove. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I need some time to get used to not rushing around! It's 7:30am right now, and it throws me that the boys and I are just kind of hanging out. Isn't there something productive I should be doing right now? Tuesday was Parker's last normal day of school (before the pomp and circumstance of graduation), and for the first time ever, Brandon and I got to drop off Parker and go do something alone. In the fall, when I was laying out the boy's school calendars, I noticed that there would be one day all year when Parker had school and Brandon didn't. Ever since then, Brandon and I have been looking forward to our one morning together, and it didn't disappoint. We went out to breakfast, where Brandon put away a shocking amount of food, and then we went to a park area that has a bunch of walking trails. We strolled around for about an hour, talking and checking for wildlife (we saw a Great Blue Heron, a lot of Canadian Geese, and a huge bullfrog). It was really nice to have that time with him. In the last couple days, we've been going to the park and playing in the backyard alot and having very nice, laid-back mornings. I could get used to this.
So, I can't believe it, but tomorrow is the big day. My half-ironman. I feel like so much of my energy has been centered on this one goal for the past six months. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm not thrilled by the forecast - 90's and sunny, but at least the humidity is supposed to be low. This afternoon, I have to do all my packing and race prep and then tomorrow around 4:15am the alarm will go off and it will be go-time! My next race after this one is three weeks away, and it's an Olympic distance... funny that the Olympic distance seemed like a big race to me last summer, and now I feel like I don't have to worry about it too much. Of course, I have to keep up training, but I can shorten my weekend workouts and still be ready for the rest of the summer's races.
I'm getting hungry... going to go feed us and then get ready to take the boys swimming at a pond... going to be in the 90's today, too.
2 comments:
Wow...I love all these blog posts you're doing lately!
We'll be thinking of you tomorrow!
GO BETH! GOOOOOO!!
Apparently, I'm on my new summer blog schedule of frequent updates... let's see if it lasts!
Post a Comment