We've gotten a couple snows this week, although nothing more than a few inches. Today's storm unfortunately coincided with morning rush hour, and for whatever reason, Brandon's school bus never made it to our house today! We waited outside for about 35 minutes and then finally I just drove him in. The streets were an absolute mess though. I think because the forecast was for the snow to switch to rain after a few hours, no one bothered to send out the plows or delay the start of school. One of the school monitors told me that a bunch of the buses were having problems with accidents and just getting around in general. Parker and I played outside for about an hour this morning, but by then the storm had already switched to rain. We shoveled snow and sled down the hill with our friend Erin & her kids, but we were a wet, cold mess by the time we went back inside!! It is fun to wake up to snow though - something so thrilling about it, at least in December. By March, not so much.
Chad is out of town all this week in the windy city (getting hit by blizzards and record colds). His being gone has given me a little kick in the pants to get together with all our friends this week. Last week, we just kind of hibernated and recovered from our week in Arizona, but this week, we are back, baby! So, we've had plans for every morning and just about every afternoon, which makes the week go by fast. The boys have been really good for me, so I can't complain. And Chad and I had a date night last Friday before he left, and that was nice to get a bit of time alone with each other before he left. And for those of you wondering, yes, I did make pesto the first night he was gone. And I just ate all the leftovers (2 big bowls) for lunch today because I was starving after playing outside all morning.
I took the kids to the kid's club at the gym yesterday for the first time ever. We met some friends there, so they had an absolute blast. I left, and they were running in circles around the play area, and I came back 90 minutes later, and they were still running in circles. They got some good exercise, too! I'm taking them back there this afternoon so that I can do a quick run, and then I can go by myself tomorrow when both kids have school. Nice for me to have that little break. And as we all know, a Beth that has her workouts is a much nicer Beth to be around in general.
Oh, and we also got our Christmas tree on Saturday. Went to the farm first thing that morning and picked it out. It looks lovely and HUGE! I love turning the lights on the tree and the outside front bushes every evening. One of these nights when Chad gets back, we'll take the kids out in the car to look at all the different lights and decorations on all the houses. Downtown looks really nice this year, too. I've shipped all my packages, mailed my cards, and started wrapping presents for Chad and the kids... it's beginning to look alot like Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment