We had a great Christmas! The boys let us sleep until 7am, which was pretty impressive. We opened presents, took a break for a big breakfast, and then finished opening the presents. "Santa" brought Brandon a Lego set for building a crane and a globe, which he is fascinated by. Parker received a Lego Duplo set for building a house (complete with little lego furniture and even a lego vacuum) and a sticker factory... a little doohickie for making your own stickers. Since the only thing that Parker asked for this year was stickers, we thought we could at least step it up and give him a sticker factory. Chad totally surprised me with a nook - an e-reader, that I LOVE. it's the coolest thing ever!! I haven't downloaded any new books for it yet, but I am reading one of the freebies that came on it... "Dracula". Can't believe I never read it before, but I am enjoying it. We spent most of the day playing with our new toys, although we did venture outside to go sledding in the afternoon. The boy's grandparents got them snowtubes - innertubes for sledding, so we had to go out and give those a run. And boy, were they fast!! It was actually a little scary how fast you would go down our back hill on them. Chad built a snow bank at the bottom to slow everyone down, but I would literally fly up and over the snowbank. If I was riding by myself, I would be fine, but when Parker rode on my lap a few times, we would totally go flying through the air and crash land. Crazy, but fun!
The next day, we took the train into the city for Disney on Ice. It was good stuff - the kids enjoyed seeing so many favorite characters acting out little routines. I also think they enjoyed just being in the big stadium and taking in a new experience. Although, let's face it... probably their favorite part of the day was riding the three different train lines we took throughout the day! After the show, we went out for lunch and then headed home. Brandon was especially antsy to get home to his new Gameboy that we got him for Christmas. I was actually pretty happy to get home, too, because I was working on my annual winter holiday jigsaw puzzle. As I told Chad, "there will be no rest for me in this house until this puzzle is finished." In another annual tradition, I stayed up way too late two nights in a row to finish it, leading to my having to actually set an alarm for 7am this morning so that I could get to the gym and back before it got too late. But back to the Disney on Ice thing, I was very happy to see that the boys had absolutely no trouble sitting still for a two hour+ show, so Chad and I are thinking that we'd like to try taking them to the Nutcracker next year. We used to go every single year before we had kids, so I think we'd both be really happy to get back to that tradition.
Chad and I just finished cleaning up the Christmas decorations and taking down the tree. It seems so empty in our living room now!! So sad to see Christmas over, as it is definitely my favorite time of the year. Still, at least we still have this whole week of vacation to look forward to! Although, Chad is actually going into the office for tomorrow morning. Boo-hiss. No big plans for the rest of the week, besides rocking in the new year at a party on Thursday. Well, we'll be home long before the new year actually rocks in, but still. I prefer to celebrate the new year's arrival at the stroke of midnight, London time. Or something.
The next day, we took the train into the city for Disney on Ice. It was good stuff - the kids enjoyed seeing so many favorite characters acting out little routines. I also think they enjoyed just being in the big stadium and taking in a new experience. Although, let's face it... probably their favorite part of the day was riding the three different train lines we took throughout the day! After the show, we went out for lunch and then headed home. Brandon was especially antsy to get home to his new Gameboy that we got him for Christmas. I was actually pretty happy to get home, too, because I was working on my annual winter holiday jigsaw puzzle. As I told Chad, "there will be no rest for me in this house until this puzzle is finished." In another annual tradition, I stayed up way too late two nights in a row to finish it, leading to my having to actually set an alarm for 7am this morning so that I could get to the gym and back before it got too late. But back to the Disney on Ice thing, I was very happy to see that the boys had absolutely no trouble sitting still for a two hour+ show, so Chad and I are thinking that we'd like to try taking them to the Nutcracker next year. We used to go every single year before we had kids, so I think we'd both be really happy to get back to that tradition.
Chad and I just finished cleaning up the Christmas decorations and taking down the tree. It seems so empty in our living room now!! So sad to see Christmas over, as it is definitely my favorite time of the year. Still, at least we still have this whole week of vacation to look forward to! Although, Chad is actually going into the office for tomorrow morning. Boo-hiss. No big plans for the rest of the week, besides rocking in the new year at a party on Thursday. Well, we'll be home long before the new year actually rocks in, but still. I prefer to celebrate the new year's arrival at the stroke of midnight, London time. Or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment