Brandon made a comment today about my writing something on my blog, and I was like, "Well, actually, I haven't updated my blog since Thanksgiving." There is just no time, especially with Christmas coming up next week! But, amazingly, I have 20 minutes right now with nothing else I need to be doing... all my books and magazines are read, all the Christmas gifts are bought and wrapped, and I am taking this week off from cleaning the house so that I can continue recovering from the plague I caught over the weekend.
I was sick as a dog from about Friday night until Tuesday morning, when I woke up feeling like I had at least had the energy to leave the house that day. Just some sort of nasty cold/ebola virus/pneumonia that had me coughing so hard and so often that I couldn't sleep at night. It seems to be going around, although I'm the only one in my family who caught anything. Thank goodness. I'm getting so antsy though, from barely doing anything the last few days that I am going to go swimming in a few minutes, while both boys are in school. Hopefully, the fact that I can't take a deep breath without coughing won't hinder me too much.
We are really fired up for Christmas around here - my most favorite time of the year. I LOVE looking at our tree and thinking about where we got all the ornaments. I LOVE envisioning the boys' excitement on Christmas morning. I LOVE listening to Christmas music everytime I get into the car. I LOVE getting holiday cards in the mail every day and seeing all the pictures of my friend's kids on them. I LOVE tracking Santa's progress on the NORAD website every Christmas Eve. And the best part is that I am finished with all my shopping, wrapping, mailing, etc, so I can just sit back and enjoy things for the next 10 days.
I'm really looking forward to Friday, as it is a triple-header of fun. Friday morning, I get to see Parker in his preschool holiday concert, when all the kids sing their songs up on the stage for the parents. It's the cutest. Friday afternoon, I am volunteering in Brandon's classroom for his holiday party... it will be my first time in his classroom this year, so I am really looking forward to seeing his teacher in action and meeting all of his friends. And finally, Friday night, I am going out for drinks with a few of my girlfriends. Good stuff, all of it.
One other thing that we have been up to lately is ice-skating, a ton. We've been averaging about 3 trips a week to the rink, between Brandon's lessons and the open-skate times. I love being back out on skates, and it's nice for the kids to have a way to get some exercise in the winter months. Chad hasn't been skating yet this year because his sprained his ankle really badly about 3 weeks ago, and the swelling has just finally gone down. Poor guy could barely walk for the first 3 or 4 days after it happened. Anyway, I hope to get him on the ice this weekend!
Speaking of ice, that's what it feels like outside here. We have been having such a ridiculously cold December - today the high is supposed to get to the low 20's, and the wind is steady at around 15mph. Yikes. It's one of the days where everyone you talk to discusses the weather because we are all freezing and shocked at how cold it is so early in the season! Usually, we get weather like this in January and February, but December is usually still in the 40's. Not this year. Still no snow either, which is unusual. Maybe this means that if winter starts early, spring will come early too??!!
Merry Christmas! I say that in the very likely event that I don't update this baby again until after Christmas.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment