Thursday, August 12, 2010

Party Pics

Brandon was pretty, pretty, pretty excited to open presents this year

Parker was excited to help him. Brandon declared that Parker could be the "gift deliverer" and bring all his gifts to him, one at a time, for opening.



Chad's cake tasted delicious, but you may be able to tell that it looked like it went through an earthquake at some point before the party. And it was so windy that the candles wouldn't stay lit, so we just blew party horns instead.

This, my friends, is called the eye of the tiger

I worked that pinata! He wishes I never laid eyes on him in that party goods store, let me tell ya. Don't worry all the kids got multiple rounds of whacking on him before I finally took things in hand.

The kids all decorated t-shirts with fabric paints and markers, and they turned out so cute!



Tuesday, Brandon's birthday, was a big exciting day around here. Birthday breakfast, birthday party, opening presents, and then out to dinner... whooboy! I was actually sort of relieved it was over - I had actually been having trouble sleeping for about three nights before the party! I know, I know, how could I be stressed by a 6-year-old's party? But, it was our first ever "drop-off" party, where the parents didn't stick around, and I just felt this huge responsibility to make sure the kids were having a great time and being safe for the duration. Luckily, we had a great group of friends over, and everything went smoothly. Still, it was much more hectic for me than our past year's parties when I would just chat with the parents for most of the time. This time, I was running games and making sure everyone had the food and napkins and drinks they needed, etc, etc. It was very hot on Tuesday though, so that kind of made it easy. Outside of the 5 organized games/activities I ran, the kids pretty much just played on the slip 'n slide and played with the garden hose the whole time! Summer birthdays are a nice thing. And Brandon has two other birthday parties this week, so apparently this is a popular time to give birth!

Not too much else going on. We are all settled back into routine after our vacation, although I think we all feel a bit worn-out still. I have a race on Sunday that I'm really looking forward to. Three of my friends are doing the race as well, so it will be really fun to have hang out with them a bit before and after. I feel like there was something else I wanted to write about today, but what it was completely escapes me. Well, you, dear reader, will just have to be on pins and needles over the next few days to see if it comes back to me!

No comments: